The idea of this work is rooted in the path of study and cultural research that started on September 9 2008 with the foundation of Kokoro International and is connected to the 45 years-old studies on Karate carried out by Master Dario Marchini.
Heian Shodan, Heian Nidan, Heian Sandan, Heian Yondan, Heian Godan, Tekki Shodan, Tekki Nidan, Tekki Sandan, Bassai Dai, Jion, Kankū Dai, Enpi, Jitte, Gankaku, Hangetsu.
Bassai Shō, Kankū Shō, Nijūshiho, Sōchin, Unsu, Gojūshiho Shō, Gojūshiho Dai, Jiin, Chinte, Meikyō, Wankan.
Taikyoku (4 versions), Kokoro Taikyoku (3 versions), Heian ōyō, Tekki ōyō (3 versions), Jiin HS, Meikyō ōyō, Chinpunkan e Ten no Kata.
What characterizes this work from other karate books?
· The high number and quality of photos (over 9000 – of which 5000 selected for the project) taken at the design studio of Milan’s Polytechnic
· An accurate graphic design of the publishing product characterized by a simple and minimal layout. A great care in the choice of finishes.
· The inclusion of valuable paintings of traditional Japanese calligraphy (Shodō) made specifically for this project.
· An emphasis on “showing” rather than on “talking”, in full respect of the traditional oriental spirit where the movement and the conscious effectiveness shall have priority over the word and thought.
· The texts and philosophical inserts – in compliance with the essential quality and effectiveness of the work – the result of over 45 years of daily practice of Karate-Do and 15 years of research by Cultural Association Kokoro International.
Shōtōkan Ryū Karate Dō Kata
Master Dario Marchini